The Mini Designer

Added on by Craig Stewart.

Alec Issigonis was revered by his auto contemporaries as an independent thinker, engineer and designer. Most famous for designing the Mini by insisting that no less than 80 percent of the car’s volume be dedicated to passengers and luggage. The remaining engine, gas tank, all mechanicals, wheels and tires were to make up the other 20 percent of the car. Issigonis’ creation was instantly successful with buyers, and became an international cult vehicle, forcing the auto industry to rethink all its automotive engineering conventions. 

© Helpful Creative Source: Automotive Hall of Fame


© Helpful Creative

Source: Automotive Hall of Fame